Senior Blades Christmas Quiz 2021
Supplied by Dave Burkinshaw
Apart from question 1 all the questions relate to events about United’s Boxing Day league games
- United’s final Christmas Day game took place in 1958 with the Blades winning 2-1. However, this game marked the last match in charge for which United manager ?
- United seemed to have had too much Christmas pudding in 1963 when they trailed 3-0 at Nottingham Forest after 17 minutes . In a marvellous second half fightback United ended up drawing 3-3 with which young Blades’ and future England international striker scoring twice ?
3.Boxing Day 2014 saw United lose 2-1 in terrible weather at Port Vale . United’s cause wasn’t helped by the sending off of which player just before half-time ?
- The last time fans attended to Bramall Lane to see United play on Boxing Day was the 1-1 draw with Watford . Who scored United’s goal from the penalty-spot ?
- Boxing Day 2012 saw United claim a comfortable 3-0 home win against Scunthorpe United . Who opened the scoring for the Blades in the fourth minute but later in the game suffered a serious cruciate ligament injury which kept him out of action for the rest of the season ?
- Which legendary Blades’ centre forward made his debut for the club on Boxing Day 1957 and scored in a 4-2 home win against Blackburn Rovers ?
- On consecutive Boxing Days in 2003 and 2004 United were away to the same opponents and on each occasion returned home with three points ? Who were these opponents ?
- Since the introduction of the Premier League in 1992 United have played five times on Boxing Day and not won any of these games and only scored one goal . Which team has beaten United twice in these five games ?
- A crowd of 42,752 were at Bramall Lane on Boxing Day 1966 to see the Blades beat eventual League Champions , Manchester United 2-1 . Which two players scored for the Blades ?
- One of the teams relegated from the Premier League at the end of the 2016/17 season were the visitors to Bramall Lane on Boxing Day 2017 . United won 3-0 but a) who were the opponents ? b) which three players scored for United ?
- During their six years in League One during the 2010s one team were Bramall Lane’s boxing Day visitors on two occasions . Who was this team ?
- The memorable 1970/71 season saw eventual Division Two champions visit the Lane on Boxing Day 1970. United won 2-1 but : a) who was in goal for City ? b) which United player scored yet another memorable goal ?
If you have friends and family round the world that would like to do this Quiz, all they have to do is log on to the website.